СТАРТОВАЛ ПРИЕМ ЗАЯВОК НА XIII МЕЖДУНАРОДНЫЙ КОНКУРС ЧТЕЦОВ ИМЕНИ ЧЕХОВА
Published: 1 September 2022
The State Literary and Memorial Museum-Reserve of Anton Chekhov «Melikhovo» launches accepting applications for the XIII International Reciting Art Competition named after Anton Chekhov. The theme of the coming contest is «Chekhov and Ostrovsky». The competition is held by the museum with the support of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Moscow Region. The live stage will take place in January 2023.
The competition is held annually among young actors and students of theater universities in Russia and other countries. The qualifying rounds will be held in several stages, and the highest point will be a gala concert with the awarding ceremony of the winners of the competition on the writer's birthday on January 29 at the Melikhovo Museum-Reserve. There also will be organized an additional cultural program for the participants on this day.
Every year we designate a special theme for the competition: «Chekhov and Goncharov», «Chekhov and Bunin», «Chekhov and Dostoevsky». With that in mind, in addition to Chekhov's stories, the works of other classical writers of Russian literature are also heard in the museum-reserve, which makes the competition more vivid and memorable.
In the coming year, the theme of the contest is «Chekhov and Ostrovsky». In 2023, the world community will celebrate the 200th anniversary of Alexander Nikolaevich Ostrovsky, a famous Russian writer, talented playwright, founder of the modern Russian theater.
Young actors and graduate students of theater universities who have the subjects of study «Scenic speech» and «Art of declamation» in their training program are invited to take part in the Competition. The duration of performances on the works of the authors declared in the topic of the Competition is no more than 12 minutes.
The competent jury of the Competition, composed of famous actors, teachers, and masters of artistic expression – will choose the best reciters. The exact members of the jury panel will be announced later. The competitive casting session will be held on January 27 and 28, 2023, the gala concert of the winners and the awarding ceremony will be held on January 29.
Applications are accepted until December 1, 2022 at email account : Chekhovfirstname.lastname@example.org
The application must specify:
- Last name, first name, age;
- Place of work/study and/or name of the releasing organization;
- The author and the title of the work to be performed, the duration of the performance;
- Contact information (email address, phone number).
- You need to attach a link to the video of your presentation to the application (you can use your phone; the main requirement is that the sound and picture should be clear);
- Young actors and students of theater universities in Russia and other countries aged from 18 to 35 years can take part in the Competition;
- We consider only solo performance;
- Only one application (1 author, 1 work) is accepted from one participant for consideration.
+7 905 778 42 65 – Elena Gennadievna Alekseeva, Coordinator of the Competition.
The organizers of the Contest provide nonresident participants with accommodation and meals for the full time of its holding.